Nevada, Arizona, Wyoming, and other states with gold, silver, and other mining activity found In The United States.
- 3,921,409 records of mining claims on public land managed by the Bureau of Land Management.
- 422,500 active mining claims.
- 3,446 pending mining claims.
- 3,495,463 closed mining claims.
- 134,153 records of mines in The United States States.
Mining Claim News From The Diggings™
Learn more about the Bureau of Land Management, Public Land Survey System, and mining claims.
Understanding Claim Ownership
We receive lots of emails from people who find their name or a relative’s name on our site and want to know if this means they have some right to the land listed under that name.
Understanding BLM Administrative Areas
Whether it is filing a mine or researching one, the administering BLM office is going to be the definitive source.
Understanding Location Data
Mine handled by the Bureau of Land Management are not mapped by latitude and longitude, instead, these mines harken back to the Public Land Survey System.
A “township” can refer to two different things. Both are part of the PLSS measurement system but have different uses.